Tuesday, January 12, 2010

here comes the rain

With rain and cooler days ahead I decided to bake this afternoon, my Best Ever Banana Bread. The fruit bowl was looking very limp after the heat, this is a great way to use up those ripe and browning bananas. This would have to be one of my easiest recipes, I guarantee all will enjoy!

Ingredients
2 ripe bananas
2 tablespoons golden syrup
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup self raising flour
pinch of salt

Method
Heat oven to 180 C.
Grease and line the base of a loaf pan.

In a medium bowl, mash bananas then add golden syrup. Add sugar and stir in. Add egg, sifted flour and salt and lightly mix until well combined.
Pour into loaf pan and for 30 minutes or until a skewer is inserted into the middle and comes out clean.

Allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes, then turn onto wire rack to cool.
Enjoy it warm straight from the oven or lightly grill and enjoy with butter melting on top.

Tip: It's a great one for the school lunch box!
You can make variations to this by throwing in a handful of chopped dates just before pouring into tin to bake or you can add choc chips to make a choc banana bread.

Delicious!

2 comments:

  1. I tested out your banana bread today Steph! It's yummy! The only thing is that I bought wholemeal flour by mistake (swedish..) and couldn't find golden syrup in the swedish supermarket. But still very good! I will keep hunting for the golden syrup, cos I have a feeling that might be the special ingredient?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma how lovely to receive your comment :) Thank you! So you have reached Sweden. How exciting!! You might be right about the golden syrup, I wonder if you could use honey instead??? Enjoy yourself x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails