Saturday, January 9, 2010

HatchMatchDispatch

I remember vaguely when 'we' became aware of Facebook (I think it was around the start of 2007). Facebook has become the phenomenal social networking utility allowing 'us' to connect and share with people in our lives. Millions of people all over the world are using Facebook daily to keep in touch. I'm not a user but it seems 'everyone' else around me is. It's how 'they' communicate.

I was interested to read today that on Monday a new social networking website will be launched. HatchMatchDispatch shall allow the posting of birth, engagement, marriage, death and funeral notices. Users will be able to send their congratulations or condolences and at the same time purchase and send flowers or a gift. Traditionally a print classified ad has been placed in the daily newspaper for notices of this kind. We placed a classified when our children were born. I remember is was relatively expensive for the few lines - $100 plus I recall.

Would you use this free site to post your 'notice' or would you stick with placing the traditional print classified? Do you think HatchMatchDispatch will take off like Facebook? I'm not sure, but I know I didn't see the phenomenal Facebook would become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails