Monday, December 28, 2009

Another year almost over, planning for a new one...


The boys just before leaving a snack and drink out for Santa and his reindeers. Oh, the excitement in the house on Christmas Eve was full of anticipation. It was bliss, the making of childhood memories.

It's been almost a week since my last post. What a week we have enjoyed with the celebrating of Christmas Day and for me lots of hours of additional work in retail in the lead up to Christmas, followed by the Boxing Day sales followed by a very well known Stock Take Sale. I'm now feeling very tired, physically exhausted. The last couple of weeks have been BIG! It won't be long before life settles back to some form of normality for us. I'll be able to catch up on some sleep and focus on giving our home a much needed 'spring clean'. Things have been a little neglected lately. There are clothes and toys to be sorted, what we have out grown we'll pass on for someone else to enjoy.

I'm already thinking about my to do list for 2010! Have you started planning for the New Year? What do you want to achieve? For me I want to keep it simple, not overly complicated. I'm hoping 2010 will be the year I find time for 'me', doing the things I enjoy for 'myself'. In this house it seems 'Mum' always comes 'second' to everyone else. I literally want to take a walk more frequently (a couple of times a week would be nice) allowing myself to smell the fresh air and enjoy the stroll. I want to cook more, allowing my family to continue to develop their love of good, simple and healthy food. Nothing brings me more pleasure than preparing a meal the family enjoys. I want to read more. I want to pace my study work load so my assessments aren't all left until the last the minute! I want the articles I write for a community newspaper to embrace the readers and the community. 2010 will be the year I develop my writing skills.

For now I'll leave the list at this, a list I can come back to.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph,
    You write so well, I can just see you blog turning into the next 'loobylu'! Lovely photo, sounds like a very nice christmas! I hope you do manage to find some R & R time for yourself.
    This year I hope to simply make the most every wonderful opportunity that comes my way and to come home exhausted!
    I am sitting at London airport at the moment with my sister, waiting for a plane to Edinburgh in about 5 hours, for NYE. It is verrry cold here!
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails