Thursday, May 13, 2010

what a great day!


Today I attended a Student Industry Day. Total focus of the day was on making your move on the media industry. More particularly making it as a journalist.

We were fortunate to attend workshops fronted by journalism experts. Among those presenting were journalists, freelance journalists, reporters, investigative reporters and editors. My did I enjoy the day. Today confirmed my passion and drive to forge a career as a freelance writer/journalist.

I've got some serious planning to do, to navigate my path to success. Feeling totally inspired to knock on doors to gain some practical experience.

Today reinforced for me it's about time I jump onto twitter and started tweeting! I've got to get connected with current social media tools.

I can't explain how I love reading and listening to news and current affairs. It's a big part of who I am. I'm buzzing tonight after such an inspiring day!

4 comments:

  1. It looks like we followed a different path to the same conclusion..... I started my twitter account about half an hour ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really positive day, it's so good to get that confirmation that you are on the right track and get all motivated! So glad you are feeling inspired, have a fantastic weekend..
    :) Flick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - Twitter is a great way to connect with so many people with the same interests. I love that I can tweet an author about her book, and I'm sure she loves the instant feedback.

    You sound motivated. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a co worker once who became a motivational speaker and everything he said made you think about everything in a completely different light, I loved it.

    You do the same thing, your going to be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails